This flourless chocolate cake is really tasty and really easy to make. With only a few ingredients, you’ll be wondering why you haven’t made this sooner.
200g quality chocolate drops
175g salted butter
6 free range eggs
Large pinch sea salt
Icing sugar to finish
Cocoa to finish
- Heat the butter (but don’t boil it) and pour over the chocolate drops and honey. Stir in to melt and combine.
- Whisk the eggs until pale and creamy, this should take about 10 minutes.
- Fold in half of the melted chocolate and butter into the eggs followed by the remaining half.
- Pour into a greased and lined springform tin (the tin is important as the cake is delicate and can be difficult to remove).
- Bake for 35 minutes at 150oC or until firm to touch.
- Allow to cool, dust with icing sugar and cocoa and refrigerate before serving.
Now go and grab yourself a coffee and a slice of this light and gooey flourless chocolate cake! It goes great with crème fraiche or warm chocolate sauce to make it really indulgent.