With every cup of coffee comes coffee grounds which can often end up straight in the food waste. But we’ve got a great way of using up these grounds by making them into a really easy coffee scrub using only 3 ingredients. It can gently exfoliate and remove dead skin cells, but it’s also very nourishing and great for dry skin. You will instantly feel rejuvenated after using this scrub, so why not try it. More often than not, you will find all these ingredients sitting at the back of your kitchen cupboard. Coffee scrubs aren’t only great for using up old grounds, but it really has some outstanding benefits to make you feel positively glowing!
1 part fresh coffee grounds
1 part brown sugar
1 part melted coconut oil
Optional a little vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Use as regularly as you want!
How to use
- The best way to use it is to jump in the shower and wet your body all over, then turn off the water.
- Starting at your feet, apply the scrub in small circular motions. Be firm, but not too hard as this could start to irritate your skin.
- Once you have covered yourself from toe to face, leave to dry for around 5 minutes to absorb.
- And finally rinse off. The coconut oil will leave a residue on your skin, but this will only help keep you nice and soft. If you prefer, you can wash this off with your normal body wash.